Fulfillment of the dream of becoming a nurse will not be easy, but it is definitely worth striving for it. Nursing work is currently one of the most desirable professions. The main reasons for high demand nursing jobs los angeles may be the aging population not only in the USA, but all over the world and the retirement of old nurses.
Taking a decision to take up a nursing job may give you great opportunities that you may not even know about. You can work in a hospital, nursing home, nursing school, government offices, business facilities, and almost anywhere. You can work as a clinical instructor, occupational health nurse, anaesthesiologist, international tourist nurse or scientific nurse, among others.
Educational programmes for nurses to choose from
For those who plan to attend a nursing course, there are several nursing education programmes from which you can choose according to your financial capabilities and the desired years to complete the course or programme. It is also important to choose an accredited nursing school, which is recognised as a school of the highest quality education and is known in the healthcare industry for producing qualified nurses.
The 3 main levels of nurse education are the Nursing Diploma, the Associate of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Advanced levels include a Master’s Degree in Nursing Science and a PhD in Nursing Practices.
The Nursing Diploma is a nursing program that can be completed within a year, the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) typically takes 2-3 years to complete and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is an academic degree that can be completed within 4 years. ASN and BSN graduates can take the licensing exam to become a registered nurse.
What steps need to be taken to get a nursing job
Now that you have completed your chosen nursing course, you are looking forward to finding a job quickly. These are the important steps you need to take when you are looking for a nursing job.
1.) Prepare a curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
– Make sure that you have prepared both a printed and electronic copy of your CV and cover letter. Your CV and cover letter may reflect who you are, because employers will not see you until your first interview if you are short-listed. Read the sample CV online, but write your own personalised cover letter and CV.
2.) Apply online or visit a physical location.
– If they allow you to apply online, you should submit your CV together with your cover letter online. If not, visit the hospital, nursing school or facility you want to apply to.
3.) Create a professional working profile on LinkedIn and other websites.
– Use the Internet to your advantage. Contact old friends from the family or re-establish contact with people who are already in the healthcare industry. Be exposed to external factors or sell yourself online.
– You can also talk to friends or relatives or contact former colleagues and professors and tell them that you are looking for a nursing job. Don’t hesitate to inform them that you are currently looking for a job.
4.) Look for jobs online.
– Look for nursing jobs online. There are various information pages about nursing or nursing resources that can help you find the right job for you. Never give in or feel lazy about hunting for work.
5.) Visit hospitals, medical centres and companies.
– Visit different hospitals, health centres, companies and schools that may be in need or nurses or clinical instructors. If there is no vacancy at the moment, kindly ask that your resume be kept on file and contact you for future vacancies.
6.) Accept volunteer work opportunities and training positions.
– Do not hesitate to accept voluntary work, employment opportunities on the basis of a contract of employment or training positions that come to your mind. Gaining experience and contact with real work can help you better prepare for the work that comes in your way. Some hospitals and companies also love to hire nurses who have been trained first, so never hesitate to spend some time as a volunteer or trainee.
Hunting for work is something to be taken seriously because it is certainly one of the factors that can influence or determine your future. Never give up when the company rejects you, but instead try harder until you get the job you want.